Wise and powerful personal assistant, available in your nearest terminal
Install, how to
- python (both 2 and 3 are supported)
- virtualenv (only for testing and development)
- Python development package:
python-devpackage (if using Ubuntu)
Visual C++ 9.0 for Python(If using Windows)
python-develpackage (If using MacOS/OSX: link)
Run, how to
Clone this repository and create a virtual environment using Python 2 in the cloned directory (
virtualenv -p /usr/bin/python2 venv). Steps after that:
pip install --editable . you can use
pip install . if you don’t intend to make any changes in the code.
Use this package, how to
This package contains a chatbot too! The
chat command can be used to chat with it
You can test the chat functionality on api.ai agent website here
This command group contains some sub-commands that may be helpful for developers and tech-geeks.
For settings and maintaining your goals, type
# To set a goal (name, description, deadline) $ yoda goals new # To show list of ideas $ yoda goals view # To set a goal as completed $ yoda goals complete # To see number of completed/incomplete goals, missed deadlines etc. $ yoda goals analyze # To view tasks assigned to the goal $ yoda goals tasks
Use this module with
diary module and assign new tasks to the goals by typing
$ yoda diary nt
and adding the goal names to the task when prompted to do so.
This command can be used to maintain a personal diary, roughly based on the concept of Bullet Journal.
For creating and writing new note type
#For writing new note $yoda diary nn #First give the title of the note. #Sencond give the text of the note #Viewing all notes. $yoda diary notes #Updating note #Choose the date and then the note to update $yoda diary un #Deleting Note #Choose the date and then the note to delete $yoda diary dn
For writing and viewing tasks.
#Writing new task $yoda diary nt #Viewing all tasks $yoda diary tasks #Change the status of task to completed $yoda diary ct #Update task #Choose the date and then the task to update yoda diary ut #Delete Task #Choose the date and then the task to delete yoda diary dt #Delete all completed tasks for today yoda diary dct # type c to confirm the deletion
This command can be used to maintain a profile of someone you love.
For tracking money, this is.
For creating list of ideas, type
# To add idea $ yoda ideas add --task <task_name> --inside <project_name> # To show list of ideas $ yoda ideas show # To remove a task from idea $ yoda ideas remove --task <task_name> --inside <project_name> # To remove an idea completely $ yoda ideas remove --project <project_name>
This command group contains commands that, helpful in learning new things, will be. Yeesssssss.
vocabulary: For enhancing your vocabulary and tracking your progress.
flashcards: for learning anything! (inspiration)
# create new set (remember to keep the name to one word) $ yoda flashcards sets new english # modify set $ yoda flashcards sets modify english # list all sets $ yoda flashcards sets list # select a study set $ yoda flashcards select english # create new card in selected set (card name length can be more than 1 word) $ yoda flashcards cards new Oxford comma # Know which set is selected and its information $ yoda flashcards status # study the selected study set. This will show you all the cards in a study set # one by one. $ yoda flashcards study
define: to get different meanings of a word. This definition search will be automatically saved, so that while you are working on your vocabulary, you can come through the new word as well.
This command group contains commands to alias cumbersome commands.
# before: shortening a url $ yoda url shorten google.com # alias shorten to be s $ yoda alias new "shorten" "s" # can now use s in place of shorten $ yoda url s google.com # or alias the whole command as us $ yoda alias new "url shorten" "us" $ yoda us google.com # show your current aliases $ yoda alias show # delete aliases $ yoda alias delete "us" $ yoda alias delete "s"
To create an issue in the github repository simple thing that shows a link. Yeesssssss.
Packages and services used
- Click: for building command line application
- pychalk: Colors in terminal
- apiai: api-ai for natural language understanding
- pyyaml: for parsing yaml files
- emoji: emojis!
- lepl: for formatted parsing
- pycrypto: To encrypt / decrypt your password
- pyspeedtest: To test network bandwidth
- forex-python: Foreign exchange rates and currency conversion
- dulwich: for git
- PyGithub: for using Github API v3
- Gravit: for creating the logo
- chardet: universal character encoding detector
- Codecov: code coverage dashboard
- coverage: For code coverage testing
- NumPy: For scientific computation
- requests: For HTTP requests
- nose: For unit testing
- urllib3: HTTP client
- Certifi: Python SSL Certificates
- idna: For the domain name
- future: the layer of compatability for Python 2⁄3
- Google URL Shortener: URL shortener
- News API: Used to get the top headlines from Hacker News
- Forismatic API: Get random quotes that are used in the chat module
- Cocktail DB: Used to search for a drink and to get a random drink
- Words API: Used to get the definition of a word
- Yoda’s illustration SVG was taken from here
Contribute, you must
Please refer to the contributing guidelines for contributing to this project.
In the news
- Support for both Python 2 and Python 3
- Command aliasing
- Port scanning
- More features in love module
- yoda inspire
- Increased test coverage
- Bug fixes
- Idea list
- Reading list
- Automated tests
- Test coverage
- Custom config directory location
- Minor bug fixes